It is currently Jul 15th, '18, 16:16

Dell Inspiron charger 

Post Dell Inspiron charger
We have two identical Dell inspiron 1720 computers. Tonight my wife told me that she couldn't turn hers on. I tried and it appeared not to be getting power. I then connected it to my power cord (both have identical LA90PS0 chargers). Her computer would still not turn on. I then put my power cord back into my computer and my computer stayed on battery and would not charge (i.e. my charger had failed). After a short time, I disconnected the cord that goes from the adapter to the computer, like resetting it. The green light came on, plugged it back into the my computer and it is charging fine. My question is, why would my adapter fail after being plugged into my wife's computer for a matter of less than a minute? I tried to do the same reset on her charger and it did not work. Is there any known virus that can get into a computer's power system? I just don't want to spend the money on a charger, only to find out there is something in her computer that will cause a charger to fail. Strange, isn't it?

May 8th, '12, 18:36